Educational Programming for Children with Hearing Loss
Educational programs at The Hearing & Speech Center (HSC) are available for children ages 6 weeks-kindergarten with hearing loss. HSC offers an educational option for families choosing listening and spoken language as their primary communication mode.
- Children will use spoken language as their primary means of communicating
- Children will successfully mainstream with little to no special education services
- Parents are involved in their child’s education
- Sound fields in every classroom
- Personal FM systems to obtain maximum acoustic benefits
- Daily hearing equipment checks (hearing aids and cochlear implants)
- Monitoring of the child’s hearing and adjustment of hearing equipment
- Loaner hearing equipment when necessary
- Individual speech/language therapy
- Interdisciplinary team approach with audiologist, speech therapist and teachers
- Language-enriched classroom instruction
Language Stimulation Summer Camps
The Hearing & Speech Center “Language Stimulation Camps” are a collaborative program led by preschool teachers with certifications in deaf/hard of hearing and early childhood education that are licensed and certified through the state of Kentucky and HSC and speech pathologists. Camps are for children ages 3-7 currently receiving speech/language services.