The Hearing & Speech Center (HSC) provides speech-language pathology services to infants, preschool and school-aged children. Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) provide diagnostic assessments, family education and treatment for children with language and speech disorders due to a variety of causes.
All of the SLPs at HSC have master’s degrees in speech-language pathology, a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and a license from the Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology for the State of Kentucky. In addition, one HSC SLP holds a specialized certification as a certified Listening & Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS). Only four individuals in the state of Kentucky hold this specialized certification.
Speech and language services include:
- Speech and language evaluations.
- Speech and language screenings for local daycare providers.
- Individual speech and language therapy.
- Listening and spoken language therapy.
- Early intervention services.
- If you would like to schedule a speech/language evaluation, please call us at 859-268-4545.
(Due to high demand for speech services, the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic may at any time initiate a waiting list for therapy services.)