Individual Speech/Language Therapy
The Speech/Language Therapy program at The Hearing & Speech Center offers individual therapy for pediatric and adolescent clients. Therapy may be provided at the Center or via Tele-Intervention.
Chatter Box Program
The Hearing & Speech Center’s “Chatter Box” program is a language-enriched play group designed to give children the opportunity to use their emerging speech-language communication skills with their peers and prepare for preschool.
Targeted Participants: Children ages 22 months–3 years (priority given to children with identified or potential speech-language delays)
Sessions are centered on a theme-based activity and vocabulary, which build:
- Social Awareness
- Language and Communication Skills
- Cognitive Development
- Sensory Motor Skills
- Creative Development
- Music and Movement
- Play Skills
- Welcome circle and center time
- Songs and finger-plays to support language development
- Theme-based stories targeting vocabulary growth
- Activities targeting letter knowledge, rhyming, and other early literacy skills
- Activities to support turn-taking and group participation
Lightning Bugs Language Camps
The Hearing & Speech Center “Lightning Bugs Language Camps” are a collaborative program led by preschool teachers with certifications in deaf/hard of hearing and early childhood education that are licensed and certified through the state of Kentucky and HSC and speech pathologists. Camps are for children ages 3-7 currently receiving speech/language services.